Criminal Investigations in Houston, TX
If you have reason to believe that you are, or may soon be, under investigation for a criminal offense, it is vital to your case that you are informed about your rights during the investigation process.
The Law Offices of Billy Skinner can support you regardless of whether you face:
- State Investigations
- Investigations for a Juvenile Crime
- Sex Crime Investigations
- Federal Investigations
As a Houston criminal defense law firm that is passionate about helping clients, we are here to guide you through these difficult times. The government goes to great lengths and utilizes extensive resources to investigate people suspected of criminal offenses and build strong cases against them. Regardless of the outcome of these investigations—meaning whether they prove a person’s guilt or not—many individuals under any type of investigation find themselves physically, emotionally, and sometimes financially drained.
There is no doubt that these are stressful experiences, but they are also among the most crucial stages in a criminal case. Having a defense attorney by your side during the investigation process and after can ensure that you have the experienced support you deserve and the knowledgeable and aggressive representation you require.
How the Law Offices of Billy Skinner Can Help
With an unwavering advocate for clients, Attorney Billy Skinner places an emphasis on working closely with clients during the investigation process and throughout the entirety of cases. If you or your loved one face any type of investigation or questioning, it is important that you understand your rights and how our firm can be of assistance.
- Right to Remain Silent: Your right to remain silent is one of the most powerful constitutional rights you possess. Declining to make statements or to answer questions from law enforcement agencies can ensure you do not make any incriminating statements that can be used against you during your case.
- Right to Legal Counsel: Your right to legal counsel is crucial in your ability to protect your rights and to improve your chances of producing a favorable case resolution. When you are represented by an attorney, law enforcement agencies must go through your lawyer should they wish to speak to you. Additionally, a lawyer can counsel you on what you can say and do during this important time.
- Prepare Your Defense: Having an experienced lawyer on your side can also allow you to prepare your defense. The sooner you retain legal counsel, the stronger your ability to collect and preserve evidence in your favor. Billy Skinner focuses on collecting more evidence, speaking to more witnesses and professional experts, and doing more research than the government. He also draws from his experience as a former prosecutor to analyze the investigation methods of law enforcement agencies and anticipate the trajectory of the prosecution, which can ultimately enable our firm to remain a step ahead when crafting your defense.
- Work with Law Enforcement: In some cases, allowing a defense attorney to guide you through the investigation process can afford you the opportunity to dismiss or circumvent charges before they arise or to engage in negotiations that are in your best interests. This includes your ability to avoid public arrests.
- Protect Your Rights: Protecting your rights is at the core of what our firm does during investigations. Having a knowledgeable and passionate lawyer on your side can ensure that you fully understand your rights and that the prosecution does not infringe upon them. While we focus tremendous energy on crafting an effective defense, we also fight to protect your right to due process.
Work Closely With a Houston Criminal Defense Lawyer
We cultivate close working relationships with each one of our clients. By evaluating your unique case and continually assessing the situation with sharp legal insight, we can better advise you on your rights and what can be done during each stage of the investigation. In tune with the personal needs of clients and aware of the overwhelming nature of criminal investigations and cases, we do everything in our power to provide genuine support and help.
As he has also received the 2012 Clients’ Choice award from Avvo, an attorney-ranking service, you can rest assured that his commitment to your needs hold substance and has been recognized by many throughout the local and legal communities. Take advantage of your rights and the opportunity to retain legal counsel early in your process by scheduling a case evaluation to learn precisely how our firm can be of assistance during your case.