Cocaine Defense Attorney in Houston, TX
Local and federal law enforcement agencies devote tremendous amounts of funds and energy into arresting and prosecuting people who allegedly commit drug crimes involving cocaine. A controlled substance illegal on both the state and federal level, cocaine is routinely targeted by agencies that aim to promote a sense of safety in their community. These agencies are often aggressive and zealous in their prosecution efforts and harsh when penalizing convicted offenders. For residents facing any type of cocaine charge in Houston or a surrounding community, the Law Offices of Billy Skinner is a Houston criminal defense law firm that you can trust to handle your case.
Accused of a drug crime involving cocaine?
Whether you or your loved one face allegations for possession, sale, distribution, or delivery of cocaine, the criminal penalties you face can be severe. A state known for little leniency when it comes to drug crimes, Texas imposes and enforces very harsh criminal consequences. These include, among others, the following:
- Less than 1 Gram: State jail felony, 180 days to 2 years imprisonment
- More than 1 Gram but Less than 4 Grams: Third-degree felony, 2 to 10 years imprisonment
- More than 4 Grams but Less than 200 Grams: Second-degree felony, 2 to 20 years imprisonment
- More than 200 grams but Less than 400 Grams: First-degree felony, 5 to 99 years imprisonment
- 400 Grams or More: Enhanced first-degree felony, 10 to 99 years imprisonment
Contact a Criminal Defense Lawyer in Houston
Although the prospects of fines, penalties, and criminal records may make these drug crime charges an overwhelming experience, you can feel positive about choosing to work with our legal team of criminal defense lawyers. Intent on challenging all aspects of your case, from your Constitutional rights to all evidence held by the prosecution, we leave no stone unturned in our efforts to have your cocaine charges dismissed, dropped, or reduced as much as possible. Contact the Law Offices of Billy Skinner to discuss your case or schedule a case evaluation today.